Awards and Honors:
- Elected Council Member, Berwyn Heights Town Council, Maryland, June 1, 2010 - present.
- Appointed Professor Emeritus, University of Maryland, College Park, July 1, 1999.
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence, Office of Undergraduate Studies, UMCP. 1996.
- Excellence in Instruction Award, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, UMCP .1993.
- Outstanding Teacher, Center for Teaching Excellence, UMCP. 1992.
- Fulbright Scholar, Kenya. 1987-88.
- Invitee, Strategic Planning Workshop for the 21st Century, American Home Economics Association, Dallas, TX. 1989.
- Invitee, White House Conference on Food, Nutrition and Health, Washington, D.C. 1969.
- American College of Nutrition, Fellow
- American Society for Nutrition
- Society for Nutrition Education, 1966 - 2000.
- Nutrition Today Society, 1966 - 2000.
- New York Academy of Sciences, 1966 - 2000.
- American Dietetic Association. R.D. 1975 - 2000.
- Royal Society of Medicine, U.K. 1973, temporary membership.
- American Dairy Science Association, 1963 - 2000.
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 1966 - 2000.
NFSC Home Page