- Whether Tree Farmers and agricultural landowners are knowledgeable about ecosystem services
- How Tree Farmers and agricultural landowners feel about participation in a PES program.
- How demographics and geographic characteristics affect willingness to participate in a PES program.
- How financial payments, contract length and the agency administering a PES program affect participation
- Whether there are significant differences in the survey responses of Tree Farmers and farmers
- Maryland’s Forest Resources in a Dynamic Environment: Assessing the Future Sustainability of Maryland’s Forest Industry
- Integrating Socio-Ecological Research and Collaborative Learning to Increase Marsh and Community Resilience to Sea-Level Rise
2002University of MD, PhD, Environmental Policy 1986Duke University, M.F., Forest Management and Economics 1978The University of Maine, B.S., Forestry and Wildlife Management 1976The University of Maine, A.S., Forest Management Technology
4/10 to present Extension Specialist & Professor, Environmental Science & Technology Department, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. 3/02 to 4/10Assistant Director & AGNR Program Leader-Agriculture & Natural Resource Programs, Maryland Cooperative Extension (MCE), University of Maryland, College Park, MD. 3/94 to 3/02Regional Specialist-Natural Resources, Wye Research & Education Center, Maryland Cooperative Extension, University of Maryland, Queenstown, MD 1992 to 3/94Forestry Administrator(State Forester) & Extension Forester, Delaware Forest Service, Delaware Department of Agriculture, Dover, DE; University of Delaware Cooperative Extension Service, Newark, DE 1988 to 1992Regional Specialist-Natural Resources, Wye Research & Education Center, Cooperative Extension, University of Maryland, Queenstown, MD 1980 to 1988Cooperative Forest Management Forester, Delaware Forest Service, Delaware Department of Agriculture, Dover, DE 1978 to 1980Environmental Protection Officer (Game Warden), Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife, Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, Dover, DE 1977 to 1978Research Associate, Northern Forest Research Center, International Paper Company, Bangor, ME 5/77 to 9/77Entomology Assistant, Maine Forest Service, Old Town, ME 5/76 to 12/76Forest Technician, University of Maine, Orono, ME 1974 to 1980Petty Officer (3rd Class) CTR 3, Communication Technician, U.S. Naval Reserve Bangor, Maine and Wilmington, Delaware 1971 to 1974Petty Officer (3rd Class) CTR 3, Communication Technician, U.S. Navy Air Force, Navy Intelligence/National Security Agency, VQ l Reconnaissance Squadron, Vietnam, Guam, Alaska, Korea and Japan Adjunct Faculty Positions 1991 to 1996Associate Professor-Adjunct Faculty, Wildlife Conservation & Ecology, University of Delaware, Georgetown, DE 1986 to 1998Adjunct Professor, Introduction to Forest Management, Delaware Technical & Community College, Georgetown, DE Hobbies: Hunting, Fishing and Restoring a 1966 Ford Mustang.